‘In order to ensure the safety of manned aircraft, it is essential that any unmanned aircraft operating in non-segregated airspace in the vicinity of manned flights have a licensed individual with appropriate knowledge, skills and training at the controls.’
‘Drones can easily become the subject of tremendous media interest, controversy and misunderstanding. But it is touching the lives of more people every day in a positive way.’
GUIDELINES FOR RECREATIONAL OPERATIONS IN MALAYSIA AIRSPACE
Recreational drone operators must at all times adhere to the recreational definitions and guidelines. Operators must ensure flying intention, flight location and flight limitation be in accordance with the rules and regulations of DCAM.
- Flying must be below 400 feet AGL.
- Aircraft must always be within Line of Sight (LoS)
- Ensure air worthiness of aircraft at all times
- Do not fly above crowded areas.
- Keep sufficient distance from people, installations and other objects that may be foreseen as dangerous.
- Do not fly within 5 nautical miles radius of any airport.
- Do not fly over or within restricted, prohibited or danger areas.
- Ensure that the radio frequency of the UAS is compliant with MCMC requirements.
- Do not carry hazardous or unsafe materials using the aircraft.
- Aerial Photography is under the jurisdiction of JUPEM. The application of permit is required for any type of aerial photography.